Today, Incline Village-based Out&About Marketing released results from its first Lake Tahoe/Reno social media survey. The study surveyed 99 marketing professionals, including me, from the Reno/Lake Tahoe area.
- Marketers place high emphasis on social media marketing, with 88% indicating they use social media marketing for their business.
- Top 3 challenges for marketers: time, measuring effectiveness, and increasing engagement.
- Top 3 benefits of social media marketing: increased brand awareness, connecting with new and existing customers, and increased marketing effectiveness.
- Top 5 social media networks/tools for marketers: Facebook, Twitter, video, blog, and LinkedIn.
- Social media marketing takes a lot of time: majority of marketers are spending more than 8 hours/week.
- Social media marketing outsourcing is underutilized. Only 24% of marketers are outsourcing all or parts of it.
- Reach (fans, followers) is still the most measured activity of social media marketing.
- Top 3 things marketers would do if they had more resources: Create a viral campaign, get more likes/followers, and create a social media strategy.
- Budget changes: majority of marketers are planning to increase their social media budget by 5-15%.
How do the findings relate to your business’s social media plan and strategy? What are your thoughts?